Friday 7 August 2009

Listening....Why is it important..

Hey all,

Glad you liked the last post.

This is a post that a good friend of mine named Jill gave me an idea to write about...

Listening, and why it is important.

This is a subject that took me a while to learn because I am a natural blue, I don't think my words through they just come out. So it took me a while to listen, now I am not a great listener by my own standards but I am improving so yay there.

Okay so why is listening important?

Before we get into it let's discuss what listening is.
Listening is a skill that is not taught and if it is taught its taught very daftly.

I remember being taught this skill....Not the most fun I've had because all that kept happening was me being told, "dude shut up and listen"....
Now how on earth is that any fun to anyone??????

Okay so listening is taking in information through the ears, hearing the message, clarifying said message, relaying a response to this message or adding to it, which in turn leads into good conversation.

So why is this important?

Besides the VERY obviousness that listening = friendship, knowledge and lovingness from everyone.

It is good for relationships, business, etc.

Honestly speaking I have completely missed it clearly when a girl is telling me she likes me. She could be hinting this and because I wasn't able to listen had to just go by gut instinct. This is not a fun way to go because your Ego will start telling you not to because it thinks she is going to kill you.

Anyway it works in business as well because your business prospect could be telling you what there need is or there pain, by understanding this you can then go out and help them create a product that could help other people like them.

I know I haven't taught the "how to listen" part in this blog and that is because I honestly don't know how I learned, I just studied being quiet, not jumping from my first thought, hearing the person, processing what they said and making an answer, rather then waiting for them to stop talking so I could start.

Hope this helps and have fun listening,

Later days!

Adil
Listening....Why is it important..SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: