Thursday 12 March 2009

Day 3 Results plus an awesome Lesson from James Arthur Ray

Hey guys,

Day 3 is going great. I did a lot of relaxing, which is good because it gave me a chance to "Empty my cup"....What I did learn though was something really important, it was a lesson of reflection.

I went to the skatepark at 7pm and was there until about 9:30 - 10pm....I hadn't skated in a while and this was my first time on the ramps. I saw a 17 year old, who you could obviously tell had just started, he was having trouble with his balance. I thought to go over and give him a hand, as it took me a while to learn how to balance on my board. He accepted my offer and we started to go over some of the basics, his name was Mike.

What Mike had shown me was something a mentor of mine said to me I think 7 months in to my network marketing career, to gain success, persistence and evaluation is key.
I hadn't really taken it in because I personally was confused about what he meant. But seeing Mike on his board do just those to things really got me, thing was Mike fell off at least 30 times, landed on his feet or into a roll. When I asked him why he wouldn't land on his feet at times, he simply said, "Dude, if I land on my feet all the time, when I bail out on a big ramp, I'll break my legs, but if I land in a roll, I decrease my chances of major injury"....

So we went on skating together, he got his balance and started pushing more and more, then I thought to kick it up a notch and see if he could Ollie. I still can't Ollie because I'm not used to skating Goofy but Mike was a natural Goofy with practice hehe. So he persisted and the rest of that night, me and him were trying different tricks and hit the ramps. We fell of a couple of times but it was worth it.

The real surprise though was when I got home. I had been sent a gift, it was a James Arthur Ray CD....Harmonic Wealth.
I started to listen to James, as I love the way he delivers his talks. I haven't finished it, I only got to chapter 1. While listening I had several realizations and well some where cool, others weren't but this is the awesome lesson I got just from chapter one... You will never be in balance, so stop trying, your going to need to sacrifice some things in life, and you may have to leave your friends, it maybe hard but its worth it.

Best wishes,

Adil

P.S. I have a new video out, please watch, rate and comment :D
Click here for video
Day 3 Results plus an awesome Lesson from James Arthur RaySocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: