Wednesday 10 June 2009

The Buddy System

Okay you are really lucky to actually have me share this technique with you, because this is my pride and joy. This one technique, is what I would say played the biggest part of me over coming my social anxiety and fear of people when I was 15. This is a technique used to build friendships quickly.

I had no idea I was using this at all until I decided to study myself and also to check out what made people like me, dislike me and where the psychology behind it came from.

This technique is originally taken from women, then transformed into something for men to use and ultimately is something different.

As I'm pretty sure, all women know of the buddy system right? For the men and possibly few women that don't know the Buddy System, it's when a woman goes anywhere, especially the toilet, they have to take a girl friend, friend who is a girl, to the toilet with them. There are so many reasons why but lets not divulge into them.


“So does this mean, if I'm a man, I have to take my best bud into the toilets with me?”


No that's not what this is part is about, you see I built my social circle relying heavily on friend introduction. So what this does actually mean is that one of the best ways to get over a social anxiety of meeting people is to get a very social friend, everyone has one of these, and get them to introduce you to their friends.

How is this going to help? Simple, when you are introduced by your friend, you are usually given a very warm opening, meaning in the sense, everyone there isn't threatened by you or feels weirded out by you.

Now from this point you can pretty much start off the conversation, and just get to know about them more so.

Then you can build your social circle and eventually after they gain trust with you, by spending more time with you. You can start recommending small things to them, like a book or something, then build from there.

Best wishes,

Adil

P.S. Click here to see how to influence yourself
The Buddy SystemSocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

No comments: